Friday, March 14, 2008

Our new truck!



We got a new truck! It's an '83 Chevy. Chris calls it "Jimmy"-we name all of our trucks. We now have a Chevy truck like Amy and Rusty (their truck is "Bob") and John and Soozee (their truck is "Rodo"). Chris saw our new truck in town and the guy that owned it took really good care of it- a newer motor was put in. I like that it runs, drives, has power windows, power locks. There is a catch-I made a promise with Chris if we bought this truck he needs to sell all his other trucks. That means sell 3 trucks that don't run (and have been sitting in our field for 3 years) and sell 3 trucks that do run and drive. So, I have been bugging him every day since we got our new truck to see if he has done anything to sell the 6 that we have already. He is working on it. The whole idea behind "jimmy" is now we have a truck to haul and go to the dump and Chris doesn't have to do much work to it-since Chris has little time and too many projects already. So, Chris is finally taking my advise and getting rid of project cars and only focusing on one old car (like his '73 Duster). It will be nice to see our "junk yard" in our field cleaned up and finally sell all the trucks we have been meaning to sell. It will take some time, but believe me it will get done!!!! Or else- I told Chris I will start auctioning things off. I sound mean-but really I do spoil him with his car stuff-don't you think?

2 comments:

Denise Stears said...

Wow, you sure do have a lot of cars. But this will be nice to have a pickup that runs and you can use.

Design said...

I'm pretty sure hot rod storage is what fields are for. But i can see where your comin from...this is Jamie britton (jamisonbritton@gmail.com) i used to hang out over at John and Soozee's like five years ago. any chance you could give em my email. btw feel free to delete this random message.