Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Holly turned 6!

Holly had her 6th B-day on Feb. 8th. We took her out for ice cream to DQ, let her open presents from family, and sang happy B-day to her. She was so excited all day long on her Birthday. Then she had her party on Feb. 13th which we had in the cultral hall at the church. That just makes it easier so I don't have to have 20 kids running around my house. Holly wanted a Tinkerbell theme party. We had a craft table for the kids to make butterfly wands, color Tinkerbell pages, etc. We also set up the jumpy house which occupied the boys. We played a prize walk and I got a couple Tinkerbell items at the $1 store as prizes-the girls wanted to keep playing over and over again. I had the kids sit in a circle and hold the present that they got Holly and we played "spin the wand" to open presents. The kids loved that-they all wanted the wand to point to them so Holly could open their present. Then we gave out goody bags and I put a piece of paper in the goody bags with a picture of Tinkerbell and it said "Thank you fairy much for coming to my party." I know-I was actually a little creative this year-thanks to websites for the ideas. Holly had lots of fun and it was pretty easy clean up for us. Then we all came home and took naps!

1 comment:

Denise Stears said...

You always have such fun parties for her. Looks like it was a lot of fun! I can't believe she has 20 friends and you are so nice to invite that many kids.