Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Our new baby girl-Riley Suzanne Hickman

On July 2, 2012 at 3:15 pm, Riley Suzanne Hickman was born.  Weight: 7 lbs. 15 oz. Length: 19 in. I wanted to be induced a week early because I always have big babies.  So I was told call the hospital at 5 am to see if they could get me in.  Little did I know that the hospital had me scheduled at 6:30 am to come in to be induced.  So-Chris and I headed off to the hospital to have our baby girl.  They induced me at 7:30 am and nothing was really happening.  I was having contractions, but I wasn't progressing.  So-my midwife broke my water at 2pm.  After that it only took an hour and fifteen minutes and the midwife didn't even make it back.  My nurse, Barbara, delivered my baby girl.  I hope I get a discount for that!  It went so fast and 2 pushes, Riley was born.  She started crying right away.  She's so little and sweet. And oh my goodness, does she have HAIR!  She's my first baby to have hair.  I think she looks like her Daddy-looks like a Hickman.  She's a really good eater already.  The kids are very excited about a new sister.  Holly is so excited to be my big helper, Carson is excited and loves to kiss her, Shelby says baby all the time, but I can see that Shelby is a little jealous.  Chris and I are already calling the girls all the wrong names.  I keep calling Riley-Shelby and Holly--Shelby.  We will get it straight some day-or not, whatever. 

I came home this afternoon with Riley and now get to enjoy my new baby girl.  I already feel good, just tired. 




 And Riley makes 4!
 Happy parents
 My cute kids
 Look at that cute little face.  Mr Magoo just like Holly!!
Going with the car theme....Chris and I chose Riley because Riley is a company that sells Model A speed equipment, high performance parts-to go along with a car name theme.  Riley also means Valiant-and I use to drive a '68 Plymouth Valiant.  Her initials are RS, like Raleigh Sport.  Girl names are harder to come up with, but Chris and I both really liked Riley when we were thinking of names. 

Welcome to our family Riley!!!!  We are so blessed to have you.

2 comments:

Katherine Jeffries said...

We're ALL so blessed to have her, and all of you. You're such a wonderful family. Great job, you two!

nljones1216@hotmail.com said...

Congrats! She is super sweet. I am excited to be an auntie again. Give her a big kiss from me! I am so happy that all went well and she is here with us! Love you all!