Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Shelby is here!!

First Family picture with our new addition!

First bath at the hospital.

Shelby has long fingers and toes!






All swaddled up- clean and content


Our baby girl was born on Sept. 6th (Labor Day!!!). I had a scheduled inducing to go in on Sept. 5th at 8pm. So-Chris and I prepared a nice dinner on Sunday and had friends and family over before we had to go to the hospital. Holly and Carson were excited about their sleepover at Nana and Papas'. I was induced at 8:15pm, water broke at 2:20 AM, and Shelby was born at 4:15 AM. Everything was very fast and delivery was realitively easy. I kept telling the nurses that the worst part was the IV. I hate getting IVs and the nurse couldn't get it so I got stuck a few times.
Shelby weighed 8 lbs. 4 oz., length: 20.5 in. She is the perfect size and is so beautiful. She is a pink baby! She is a great eater and so far has been the perfect baby. We are so excited to have her in our family and to finally see our baby girl. Holly loves to hold her and keeps asking when she gets to help feed her. Carson loves to touch her and is very proud of his baby sister. Carson didn't call her Shelby until this morning-he kept referring to her as his baby sister. Carson is doing good-I can see it is going to be an adjustment. Carson had his first day of pre-school today and he was so excited and proud-so hopefully that will help him to be a big boy.
I'm doing good. A little tired, but nothing that I didn't expect. I think I'm more concerned with getting a good schedule for Shelby so she will sleep more at night eventually, and also helping our family routine- now with Shelby here. Thank you for all the love and support and you will see more of Shelby soon! I'll post more pics soon!

4 comments:

Burrell said...

Awww. Congratulations Jenelle and Chris! She's so precious. So happy for all of you. Do you guys need dinners, help with the kids? Anything? Hope all is well.

nljones1216@hotmail.com said...

Congrats Hickman family. Shelby is absolutely beautiful. I am so happy to be an auntie again!
Love you all!

Denise Stears said...

She is so precious! I can't wait to meet her in person. She looks just like Carson when he was born. So cute! Congrats and I hope you are doing well.

Sherilyn said...

How fun to be a family of 3! You can feel like a "big" family now! Enjoy those late nights! You will have my sympathy. XO