Monday, September 27, 2010

Blessing day for Shelby












Chris blessed Shelby on Sept. 26th-Sunday. I didn't expect it to be so soon, but when I talked to our Bishop-he said, "Let's do it this Sunday!" and I went with it. Sorry it was so rushed and that I didn't have a chance to really tell anyone. It was my first Sunday back to church and the weather was perfect. After church we had a nice dinner party at John and Soozees' in celebration. Shelby looked so adorable in the blessing dress and thanks to my parents and Elizabeth for getting it here in time for the event. I didn't have a blessing dress since the dress has been passed around to everyone. The dress started with Heather-then Holly wore it-I sent it to Denise for Macey, and then Elizabeth had the dress for Noelle and Madeline. My mom couldn't find a blessing dress anywhere in Rexburg (I know-crazy!), so they contacted Elizabeth to send the dress to me. Well-it came in the mail Saturday afternoon. I was a little worried it wasn't going to get here in time-but it did and I'm glad that Shelby was able to keep up the tradition of all the girls wearing the blessing dress. So-whoever has the next girl in the Jones family-I'll be sending you the dress next!!!

4 comments:

Denise Stears said...

She looks so precious! I love that picture of Chris and the kids, Shelby is actually smiling too. So cute!

Rusty and Amy said...

What a cutie girl that Shelby is! She is so beautiful! I love the tradition of the blessing dress! That makes it extra special.

Fun and Festive said...

It is great to see your cute family. Congratulation on the new little girl. We miss you all!

AJsGirls said...

So glad you got the dress. It was almost $100 to send it through Fed Ex and Guarantee it by Friday or less than $10 to send it through regular mail with no Guarantee. I took the risk but it stressed me out. Whew!