Thursday, September 6, 2012

Riley is 2 months old

Riley turned 2 months old on Sunday-which was her blessing day.  She had her doctor appt. on Sept 4th-and weighs 12 lbs. 1 oz., height is 23.5 in.  She gained 3.5 lbs in 6 weeks, from her last doctor appt. She's doing really well now.  Riley smiles, laughs, and cooing all the time now.  She's such a happy baby for the most part.  She is somewhat colic-and it really hurts her-all of a sudden she will just cry and be fussy until I can get her to burp,  then she's all smiles.  We're still trying to figure out why she is gassy.  She's starting to sleep through the night.  Some nights she will sleep from 10pm-5:30 am or even longer to 6:30 am.  I'm so excited about that-because I can actually function better with more sleep.  Somedays she will spit up all over me.  Like on Aug. 22nd (the first day of school for Holly and Carson) I went to the store with Shelby and Riley.  Before I went in the store I fed Riley in the car and right when she's almost done nursing, she spits up all over me and it goes all over my lap and on the seat.  I cleaned myself up, but I looked like I just peed my pants.  Oh well-I still went into the store even with wet pants.  Then on Sept. 4th I was feeding her before her doctor appt. and she spit up on me.  Well-it went down my shirt and got in my hair.  She always seems to get me when I'm not covered with a burp rag or blanket. I think she is just marking me with her scent, letting other babies to back off.  So most days I'm covered in spit up, but after she has spit up on me-then she gives me a big smile.  How can I resist loving her so much!!



No comments: