Thursday, June 3, 2010

24 weeks pregnant!


I know kindof gross-right!? I'm 24 weeks pregnant and still don't know what I'm having until next weeks ultrasound. I had my monthly checkup today and I have been swelling for the past month. But after our Memorial weekend trip I noticed it was getting bad and so early still. My Midwife wasn't happy with me. I gained 11 lbs. in 1 month do to the swelling-so now I'm on strict orders. I have to elevate my legs for an hour after work every day, I have to wear pantyhose during the day, I have to elevate my legs while sleeping, and for the past 24 hours I have to pee in a jug so they can test my urine. Sounds fun huh? Well-today I was swelling so bad it hurt and I was having tingling sensations down my legs. My midwife said I need to cut back on work and relax more with elevating my legs. I have a follow-up appt. in a week and she said if it doesn't get better then she might put me on bed rest. I know I didn't swell this early with Holly or Carson. So-I have to be good. I'm not having any other problems like high blood pressure, but my midwife is worried about preeclampsia because of my early swelling. It does make me nervous and annoyed that I'm already swelling so early and so far I've gained 21 lbs. which is more than I should have already. I hope I can get the swelling down.

2 comments:

Denise Stears said...

That totally sucks. You must be miserable right now! I can't wait to see you guys next week. will you know what you are having by then?

Sherilyn said...

I hope your swelling is better. Don't worry, I gain 45-50 lbs with each baby!! It's all good. It was fun seeing all your family pics for Nicole's wedding! Hang in there preggie poo!