Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial weekend trip!

We had a great trip to California. Mainly the trip was to go and see my new nephew Lucas and we made it more eventful. First we drove to SLO and stayed with G&G Jones. It was nice to see them again so soon and we also got to visit with Marilyn, Cathy, and Barbara (my Dad's sisters were all there). We spent the night and Sat. left for SCV. First I dropped Chris off in Santa Maria where he met his friend Craig. They stayed at the car show all day while I drove down to SCV to visit Jason, Kate, and baby Lucas. We went to the park and just hung out and I got to witness how stinkin' cute Lucas is!!! I loved to see him smiling, cooing, and laughing. He really liked Carson and I just loved how every time he heard Kate's voice he turned his head and you could tell he just adored his mom! It was the cutest thing! Sun. we went to Saugus 3rd ward for Sacrament and got to talk with our friends from our old ward. Then we hung out with Jason and Kate again that afternoon. We visited with the Peterson's that night before we drove down to Mission Viejo and stayed at Aunt Cathy's house. I got to catch up with my cousin Jeff. Then Mon. we went to SeaWorld!! That was so fun and I loved the shows. We didn't go on any rides since Carson isn't tall enough and we didn't have time. We just went to all the exhibits and watched almost all the shows! All Holly talked about was getting a shark tooth-so she was pretty excited to finally get her shark tooth necklace. The kids both liked the Shamu show and Dolphin show the best. Of course we sat in the soak zone for all the shows-and we didn't get that wet. Since it was so hot it was nice to get splashed! After SeaWorld we headed back up North and Chris and I enjoyed Bob's Big Boy on the patio while the kids were crashed out in the car. We had a fast fun trip and now I'm tired!

1 comment:

Denise Stears said...

I am so jealous! I have been bugging Scott to take me there. I want to go see G&G Jones and show my family Cal Poly and stuff we used to do in SLO. Then I want to go to Sea World. It looks like you had fun!