Monday, January 17, 2011

Medford temple trip


On Saturday the 15th, after Carson's party, Chris and I went to the Ward temple trip. We carpooled down there and the ward was doing Baptisms and Confirmations. I have been working on Chris' family tree that Soozee provided. Soozee has been working on Geneology (both her and John's line) since the 1970s, she has 6600 names. Well-she gave me her PAF file and I have been working almost every night sometimes until 3 AM on synching the names and finding names that need their temple work done. Chris and I went and did 20 names each of his family line that night. Chris was asked to perform the baptisms and he was baptizing me for some Hickman names and he started to get choked up and really felt the spirit. We all did. The entire room got quiet and it was such an amazing feeling and experience to feel such a great spirit there. It was so neat to start doing the temple work for the Hickman line. Chris was able to get baptized for his great/great grandfather and great uncles (which he knew a few of them). I'm so glad we had this experience and I needed to share it. The Bishop asked Chris to bear his testimony on Sun., the next day, about the experience since it was so amazing. I'm so excited and pretty much addicted to doing Geneology now. I love it and I'm glad that I can perform these ordinances for Chris' family. Soozee is all excited about it and she has found 100 more names to add to the pedigree. So-we have our work cut out for us, but I'm glad that I get to be apart of it. I know this work is important and is needed. Thanks to my dad for getting me jumpstarted on it!! So now I can say..."I am doing it....My Geneology!!"

1 comment:

Katherine Jeffries said...

That's amazing. Thank you for sharing that. kj