Sunday, February 6, 2011

Holly's playing Basketball


So if you think we aren't busy enough, Holly is playing Basketball through parks and rec. and Chris and I are coaching her team-to add one more thing to our load. It is a lot of fun actually. We are the Yellow team-"Yellow Panthers." That's what the kids came up with. We have practices every Thurs. and games every Sat. It's only for 6 weeks, but the coaches have to be the refs during the game and pretty much run the games since there isn't anyone there to help out. These are pictures of our 2nd game we played and of course my competitive side comes out. I was helping coach from the side lines-yelling pretty much and I got kindof upset during this game with the other team coaches and the one of the kids-but I keep my mouth shut and just remember it's fun. We don't even keep score. Holly is having fun, she's a little timid, but she will soon get aggressive.
Holly and I are taking Piano lessons as well on Fri. afternoons. I've been wanting to take piano and since Holly wanted to take lessons I decided to take them with her. She is learning very fast and practices a lot more than I do. She really enjoys it! I'm having fun and picking it back up faster than I expected, but I just don't practice enough. Probably lack of time! But I do what I can. We are enjoying Piano and on Feb. 25th have a recital. Holly is excited about playing at it and I guess I'm going to play at the recital too. I'm the only adult student...so I get to choose if I want to play at the recitals. It's fun to do lessons with my girl!

Here's a little video of the Basketball game. It's pretty funny.

2 comments:

Denise Stears said...

How fun for Holly! I am so proud of you for taking piano lessons. I want to take them. Scott's mom is going to teach Macey so I am excited about that. That basketball looks like fun.

Katherine Jeffries said...

They straight ran with the ball. That was hilarious! I don't know if I could ever coach kid volleyball. It would drive me nuts. You're so much more patient than I could ever be. Go get em!